About Me

I am eight years old and have spent my life so far studying, catching and raising insects and animals.

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Bosavi Silky Cuscus in the Grocery Store


Today I went to the grocery store and a man inside the store sold us a female baby cuscus.  It can go at about the same speed as a sloth.  This is a Bosavi Silky Cuscus, a species that was only discovered in 2oo9.  It is an arboreal, (lives in trees) nocturnal, (active at night) marsupial (has a pouch for babies) that is an omnivore (eats meat and plants).  It usually eats eggs, small creatures, fruit and nuts and leaves.  She is very cuddly and friendly.

Her name is Midnight

3 comments:

  1. Please keep telling us more about your cuscus. It looks like a pet that should have a children's book written about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Your post answered all my questions. I can't wait to show this to my 8 year old son, Micah. He lives in Burkina Faso, West Africa and is also a missionary kid. Maybe you guys could be pen pals :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Hostetler Heirways: Thank you for reading my blog! What country do you live in?

    @The Dias family, I would like to hear more about the animals you see in Africa

    ReplyDelete